Andrea Bocelli: Another World Class Talent

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Good music crosses cultural boundaries. This is quite evident in the great music of one Andrea Bocelli, an operatic Italian tenor. Am talking of one the songs he co-sang with the great Sarah Brightman. Hey! Am talking of the masterpiece "Time to Say Goodbye" (Con Te PartirĂ²).

One can hardly believe that Andrea Bocelli is blind. According to Wikipedia, he got blind at the age of 12. However, this blindness has not deterred him from expressing his amazing God given talent. I can say that he stands shoulder to shoulder with the great Italian tenor, the late Luciano Pavarotti.

When I listen to songs by Bocelli, I usually find myself drifting in memories. I am always reminded of the good time I had among Italians when I visited the Italian cities of Venice(Venizia) and Trieste in 2004. The people were wonderful. I could not understand Italian but most of them were very willing to give directions if asked. You know what I mean if you have been to a foreign country. I also have memories of one of our instructors at the institution which was hosting us. We were being hosted by the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (http://www.ictp.it). The instructor was just a very friendly guy and we felt very welcome and relaxed in a matter of just a few days. I still remember his name as Marco Zennaro. You see, kindness is golden.

Check out a duet of Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli doing "Time to Say Goodbye" in this YouTube video.



If you like fast music, then watch a DJ remix of the same song by one DJ Cleo of South Africa in the following video:



The talent of Andrea Bocelli always reminds me that "Physical disability is not inability".

2 comments:

The Reluctant Chauvinist Tuesday, October 16, 2007 1:17:00 PM  

Andrea is indeed one of the most talented singers of our time. I'm no opera fan, but I get awed everytime I hear his tracks. Truly remarkable. Thanks for posting this!

Anonymous Wednesday, January 30, 2008 11:23:00 PM  

Wow - what a great remix! Have you heard Bocelli and Dion sing the duet "The Prayer"? Beautiful. I know Celine Dion can get a bit over the top in her more Vegas stuff, for a taste closer to home, try her Une Fille et Quatre Types album/cd.
Ciao!

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP