Wednesday, January 28, 2009
I thought I should share the following information with fellow scientists in Malawi:
The Department of Mathematics & Statistics at Malawi Polytechnic, a constituent college of the University of Malawi is pleased to announce a short course under the theme "Advanced Computer Skills for Scientists in Malawi". The course has been designed to equip Malawian scientists with necessary skills in this modern world of computer technology. The course runs for five days from 23rd February 2009 to 27th February, 2009.
Some of the content for the course include:
- Scientific information in the Digital Age
- An African scientist in a dynamic scientific world
- Scientific document preparation using LaTex and BibTex tools
- Advanced internet search skills for scientific research work
- Utilizing digital libraries for scientific research work
- Collaborative networking techniques with fellow scientists around the world
- Scientific Talk presentation: Microsoft PowerPoint vs. the Latex Beamer class
- Using weblogs to disseminate scientific information and improve scientist profile
- An overview of scientific computer packages
Course fees: MK40000.00 including lunch and snacks. However the fee does not include accommodation.
For more information email maths (at) poly.ac.mw or phone 04188893/09771807/08747059