Reducing Computer Stress

Thursday, September 20, 2007

As an academic in Computer Science, I find that I spend most of my time doing my work on a computer. This can be very stressing and exhausting. Here are some tips I use to try to avoid this stress:

  1. Make sure that the room you are working in, is well ventilated. Open the windows wide open so that fresh air circulates in the room
  2. Make sure that your room is well-lit so that eyes are not strained due to poor lighting
  3. Drink lots of water so that your body is kept well hydrated. Doing something on a computer like programming is a highly demanding cognitive task, therefore the brain cells need to have proper blood circulation and we can't have proper blood circulation in a dehydrated body
  4. Make sure that you eat enough food before sitting on a computer. We are not talking about sports drinks here but rather food rich in proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, fats etc . Hey! Am talking of a balanced diet.
  5. Remember to do some physical exercises such as hand grip exercises, chest pull exercises, running etc at some point during the day
  6. Avoid staring on the screen for a long time. To do this you could be looking outside your window every five minutes or so, so that your eyes get relaxed.
  7. Take some time off that computer screen. It helps a lot.
I use these tips myself and they seem to work. I suggest you try them.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP